Frequently Asked Questions
- Isn’t this classical education thing more than a bit elitist? How is that Biblical?
- How will this school relate to the “real” world of the NYS Board of Regents? What about the colleges our children will attend?
- The world is full of “reform” ideas that get turned into schools or get unleashed on schools and soon end up in the trash heap. What assurance do you have that you will get it right?
- Why do classical schools put an emphasis on Latin? I don't get it.
- ACA does not follow a Regents curriculum. Isn’t this a liability?
- Why have only half-day Kindergarten? Isn’t this contrary to popular wisdom?
- I have read some about classical education and was concerned about the emphasis on rote memorization. Where is the creativity?
- My child is in a contemporary school and has not been educated classically so far. How will he fare in a classical context?
- How do your seniors make out with college admissions? Where are they moving on to?