The Vision for ACA
We desire to create a school that plays an active part in the revitalization of the Christian intellectual community. We are driven not out of academic pride but by the conviction that because God reveals Himself to us through His written word, our students should be masters of both written and spoken language; because God created our physical world and is the author of the order in it, our students should be conversant in the languages of mathematics and science; because God’s aesthetic is revealed in His creation, our students should have a well-developed understanding and appreciation of beauty through the study of music and the visual arts. In short, we envision a school whose students see the world as God does, and who are equipped to bring glory to Him throughout their lives.
Augustine Classical Academy seeks to challenge children to gain the “tools of learning,” preparing them for a life of learning and service. Using a proven, centuries-old pattern of education called the Trivium, students are taught using specific methods which correlate to their natural, God-given developmental stages. All subjects are taught as parts of an integrated whole with Scripture as the foundation for all subjects, as students are encouraged to become “thinking Christians” and to develop a solid, biblical worldview.
Our Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible, in the 66 books of the Old and New Testaments, to be the inspired, infallible, divinely preserved Word of God, the supreme and final authority for all faith and life.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, His sinless life, His miracles, His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood on the cross, His bodily resurrection, His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and His certain return in power and glory.
- We believe that man, created in the image of God, is in rebellion against God because of the sin of Adam and the corruption of our hearts. For the salvation of such lost and sinful men, faith in Jesus Christ and regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely necessary.
- We believe that salvation is by grace alone through faith alone, and that faith without works is dead.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
Doctrinal differences that may exist, outside of the aforementioned, should not hinder the unity of those participating in Augustine Classical Academy.