Thank you for your interest in Augustine Classical Academy. As you begin the application process, please take time to review our website and, if possible, observe our classes. Our teaching methodology and our curriculum decisions are rooted in our belief that all education is discipleship. We combine a rigorous academic program with a biblical worldview, training students to love God with their heart, soul, mind, and strength.
1. Familiarize yourself with the school by reading our website, observing classes, and/or meeting with our headmaster. If you would like to speak with current parents, call the school office at 541-2089. We’ll direct you to someone who can best address your particular questions.
2. Complete the student application and submit it, along with a $40 non-refundable application fee, transcript, and standardized testing results, to Augustine Classical Academy. You may drop it by the school or mail it to 7 North Main St., Mechanicville, NY 12118.
3. Once we’ve received your application, we will set up an interview with our headmaster and at least one other school representative. Both parents should attend this interview.
4. Students applying for grades K-4 participate in an assessment for learning and development administered at Augustine. Students applying for admission to grades 5-12 are required to take the ISEE entrance exam. You can identify testing dates and locations at www.iseetest.org
5. If the applicant is approved for enrollment, the school will provide written notice of acceptance along with any other pertinent information regarding enrollment. An $800 tuition deposit (non-refundable) will be due after the family interview.
6. All financial arrangements between the family and the school must be understood before an admission is considered final. Families are required to sign a contract stipulating their financial obligation to the school.
7. While there are no firm deadlines for applications, we will admit students to a waiting pool if the grade they apply for is full. We plan to have completed interviews by mid-April and will announce our enrollment by the end of April. Prospectus, a look ahead to the new year, occurs mid-May for all current and new families.